My last post was mid-flu. While writing, I thought I was getting better, but then the next few days were spent with me barely able to get myself off the sofa for more than half an hour. Exhausting and extremely frustrating, not being able to do anything.
It’s now 3 weeks later and finally, I’m almost feeling my old self again! Yippee! Bursting full of ideas for my sewing adventures for this year. Please come along with me, give me feedback, hints, tips, advice, etc. I’d love to hear from you and see what you’re doing.
So, have sketched out a few ideas in my sketchbook: things I’m planning to make this year.
1. Skater dress. Free pattern with one of my sewing magazines a month or so ago. It’s a Simple Sew pattern. I love indie patterns (if you do, see Sew magazine this month, with a cool article on indies). I have a length of pinstripe wool that I think would look great for work. Watch this space, as I think this is my next project!
2. Pyjamas. Have made pjs for myself before, a couple of times, and some sweet ones for my little boy in a pirate fabric. But want to make Margot pjs from Tilly’s book Love at First Stitch (have I told you before how much I love her stuff?! I must have done! She is totes my hero in sewing right now, and the reason I got into sewing clothes rather than bags all the time!) Although I still lurve making bags!
3. Another Ruby dress. I made the first one in a lovely navy floral fabric that I had in my stash (looks a little bit Joules). I have worn it a lot and it’s a cute little dress. I fancy another – maybe a red one?
4. Francoise dress (another Tilly pattern). I bought the pattern a while ago but as yet haven’t found the right fabric. Looks lovely though – fancy the sleeved version.
5. Oven gloves. How glamorous! I need some, and want some more funky than the Tilda/Cath Kidston-style ones that are everywhere!
6. Kids’ clothes – in particular, girls’ dresses & skirts. I don’t have a girl myself, but really hate the sea of pink, flouncy, sparkly offerings that clothes manufacturers think girls want. I fancy superheroes, dinosaurs, space, etc. There’s been stuff happening on twitter about this very thing this month – M&S are stocking Natural History Museum dinosaur clothes…”for boys”.
7. Skirt(s)…my fabric stash calls!
8. Another Coco dress as I love mine and it’s so easy to wear. Polka dot this time? Stripey? Dinosaurs? Hmmmmmm….
9. Stag head on tweed cushion. Maybe one for next winter.
10. More knickers! (Many people have seen my post on this and commented!)
I’m also planning to blog more often – aiming for twice a week if I can. Look forward to seeing you!
Also awaiting some exciting news about selling my bags & bits, so will let you know when it happens!